Candles are always a go-to when in need of a calm factor in my environment. There is just something about a small fire burning continuously while your scent of choice brings a new dimension to your room that it brings me joy, you know?
I love looking around and finding things like Soy Candles and then I am like “OH, I need to try this, but first some research is required since I am a research kind of girl. In fact, I believe myself a darn good researcher too! (You can laugh! I LOVE talking about these things!)
So without further ado, follow me into the world of Soy Candles- The Good And The Bad…
Soy candles are made from Soy wax, which is a processed form of Soybean oil. This makes them a natural and safer alternative from petroleum-based paraffin. Soy wax reduces the amount of air pollution too! They burn cleaner and produce less soot than paraffin based candles, so they will not ruin your walls like run-of-the-mill candles tend to do. Soy candles are usually sold in container candles because soy wax typically has a lower melting point then traditional waxes. They can be made into pillar candles, but one must add in additives to the soy wax to achieve this type of candle.
Diamond Candles is a great candle company that sell Soy candles! Diamond Candles even sell The Ring Candles that giveyou a ring with different price tags, from costume jewelry prices to upwards to FIVE THOUSAND Dollars! Although it is not as often with the higher priced jewelry, a gamble here and there don’t harm none, right? The anticipation gets the blood flowing! It also does not hurt that now you have a candle to BEAUTIFIED YOUR ENVIROMENT!!
One Fur is another company that targets pet owned families. For a fresh and odor free environment for pets in all stages of life. This candle can handle the many smells that having a pet entitles for you home. The candles are hand poured and come in a variety of scents that are welcoming, effective and never overpowering! Not only is it 100% soy based it also sports a 100% cotton wick, so it’s super Eco-friendly!!r pets in all stages of life. This candle can handle the many smells that having a pet entitles for you home. The candles are hand poured and come in a variety of scents that are welcoming, effective and never overpowering! Not only is it 100% soy based it also sports a 100% cotton wick, so it’s super Eco-friendly!!r pets in all stages of life. This candle can handle the many smells that having a pet entitles for you home. The candles are hand poured and come in a variety of scents that are welcoming, effective and never overpowering! Not only is it 100% soy based it also sports a 100% cotton wick, so it’s super Eco-friendly!!
Diamond Candles The RINGREVEAL!
Speaking about the rings found in Diamond Candles; I just found their line called The Ringreveal experience! This is giving you a chance to possibly receive two rings! Talk about a GAMBLE!! but it IS a fun gamble, right guys?!
Step To Get You RingReveal Ring:
- If you were to buy a Candle from this line you are guaranteed a $10 ring. If you find a slip of paper with in the candle you will find a code written.
- Following the instructions found on the paper, you will enter the code in and it will REVEAL if you win a $100, $1000 or a $5,000 ring!!
- If you so happen to be a WINNER, then you will unlock the executive ring boutique and you will get to pick and choose the ring size AND style of the “priced range” you have received!
That is IT! It is super easy and all you have to do is purchase and wait excitedly for it to arrive!!!
What scent will you CHOOSE??!! (I can’t WAIT to hear your responses on my comments, my amazing people you!)
Benefits Of Using Soy Based Candles – The Good
There seems to be so many benefits to using Soy, but I do want to make something clear. This is speaking for the 100% Soy based candle products. There are so many scents that use artificial ingredients that some candle can not stay 100% Soy Based. So overall, they will not be considered 100% soy product. It would be mixed into the product and therefore technically not pure. So the benefit COULD be lesser depending on what is the added ingredient because some can be more harmful then others!
- Soy Wax is natural, and therefore contain no toxins, carcinogens or pollutants which means that they trigger allergies way less then petroleum-based candles
- Soy Candles also do not produce petro-carbon soot
- Burns cooler so it is longer lasting! You can enjoy the scent of your candle generally 30-50% longer then that of a paraffin candle!
- Soy wax is derived from natural vegetables and paraffin is a refined gasoline by-product. So really, which would you prefer?
- It is 100% renewable and biodegradable
- Buying these products help support soybean farmers!
The benefits speak for themselves!! Cleaner and Healthier is the way to go!
The Bad Side of Soy Candles
The bad definitely DO NOT in my opinion, outweigh the good at this point. I have a few things that I need to list so that this post is as unbias as I can make it. Remember, if you have more things to say or add, please feel free to comment down below 🙂 !!!
How Can Soy Candles Be Bad:
- Even though the soy plant is natural, it is still processed to be burn as wax
- The phrase 100% soy wax can be debatable because it is still processed and have additives added to make it burn
- Some people believe that just because it is a plant, does not make it eco-friendly.
So in my opinion, I would put a 100% Soy candle in one room and a regular candle in another and test it out…
LET’S GET THE CANDLE WAR BEGIN!!
Safely And Care Of Your Candle
To get the full extent of your candles use, please follow the instructions below:
- Burn the candle when it is in sight to prevent any accidents
- DO NOT burn the candle near anything that can catch fire
- Do not use if the glass or jar is chipped or cracked
- Keep away from pets or children
- Cut wick to 1/4″ (6mm) before you light the candle
- Burn away from drafts
- Do not burn on wet, cold or unstable surfaces
- Do not attempt to move the candle while lit
- And stop using when the wick is down to 1/4″ (6mm)
Ok so I love me some candles 🙂 . I find this to actually be a great topic because it can help enhance a room but also your overall feelings! Feeling stress? Get in a bath and burn a candle with Lavender, Clary Sage, Orange and so forth!
So a beautifully decorated home and wonderful scents!! Come on guys, you just can’t do wrong!!!
*** I spent a lot of time researching and carefully writing my post so PLEASE leave a comment or any questions you might have. Start a discussion if you want to, I would totally love to hear from everyone of you! Love Brendaliz :)***
Keep Being AMAZING