When the Charcoal craze hit mainstream I was like, ‘You mean the stuff we grill with? Seriously?’ And I am going to be honest, I did not go researching or gathering a lot of information at the time because of what it was used for.
But the more Charcoal infused products started popping up, I got curious. I still did not research much because I HEARD such great things by word of mouth.
I figured why not? The Worst case scenario, I get a cluster of pimples because it did not work, right? So, I bought myself three different types of charcoal infused products, let’s see if I love it or hate it.
So let the Charcoal Craze commence, and of course you guys decide!
What is Charcoal?
Activated Charcoal removes toxins by drawing out filth or unknown substances, be it good or bad. Fortunately, good bacteria grow really fast on your skin, so there’s very little damage.
Activated Charcoal is different from the kind you spark up at a BBQ. It is made by heating wood (either bamboo, coconut shells or other natural substances) to extremely high temperatures until it turns to carbonized ash. The carbonized ash is then steamed so that it becomes very porous or “Activated”, causing it to be able to bind just about any substances. It becomes a high-intensity magnet and it is no wonder why it is become a popular ingredient.
So imagine hearing that charcoal has the ability to absorb most, if not all surface particles. It can also be used on skin AND can help minimize pores and even out skin tone!!
What Are The Different types of Charcoal Products
Looking through all the products that are infused with Charcoal made my head spin! I think for the most part, if it is a cleaning product for absorbing unwanted substances, it can and probably have a Charcoal version counter part.
From Face mask to Face Wash, to Toothpaste to Toothbrush; if something needs a whitener and or cleaner, it seems a lot of people are really enjoying this style.
What Products Do I Use?
I have decided to buy three different products. I had found a charcoal infused toothbrush, toothpaste and face wash. I have used them for more than a week and my findings are as followed:
- Biore Face Wash- The smell is freshly amazing! It’s a dark silky texture that when applied gets a tiny bit foamy and white. I would personally love for more micro beads, creating a deeper clean but it is awesomely minty and tingly. My skin feels smooth and refreshed.
- Oral b Charcoal infused Toothbrush- I really love the overall black design. There is no different flavor or anything. I typically use a Medium in toothbrushes but for some reason a soft Oral b charcoal infused toothbrush works just as great!
- Crest 3D Charcoal- It still has that great Crest minty flavor! The cool gray and white stripes were different and cool.
5 Benefits Of Activated Charcoal
Here are 5 benefits to using Activated Charcoal:
- Antibacterial and Antifungal– Since this product has the ability to absorb many substance like E. Coli (Escherichia coli) and Staph (Staphylococcus aureus), this ingredient also stops the build up of bacteria and fungus in skin and clogged pores. Therefore, this can help the speed up the healing process from acne and skin disorders.
- Deep Pore Cleansing- This product is as stated an awesome tool for absorbing and washing away so many bacteria and fungus that it is no wonder it is popularity. This is super great for oily and clogged skin.
- Oil-Balancing- Since it is a super absorbent property, leaving the skin unclogged and dirt free. The pores need to work less at producing oils for getting rid of impurities. With continued use of an active charcoal infused product, pores appear and become smaller. Major oil production eventually will not be needed.
- Gentle Exfoliation- Powdered Activated Charcoal can be gritty. This helps you remove dirt and the layer of dead skin so that new and healthier can emerge and brighten your life!
- Smooth and Refined Appearance- Detoxifying your skin of unwanted substances means an improvement in radiance and congestion, which creates a brand new canvas to work with.
At The End Of The Day
Personally, I think bringing back the use of Activated Charcoal was a brilliant idea. With all the man made ingredients that we tend to have in our products, sometimes going back to the basics is the best thing to do. They tend to have fewer drawbacks and more benefits.
I had a friend tell me “Aside from the horrible taste, it worked as it said it would”, speaking about his powder activated charcoal experience. That had me deciding on the Toothpaste Charcoal fusion. Although, I will try out the powder one and tell you guys all about it on a later post!
I believe that Charcoal Activated does what it says it does. From my standpoint, my face has been less oily and my teeth has been whiter. The smell from the products I bought was really enjoyable!
So please if you are interested check it out! I doesn’t cost much from it is counterpart and you get to try something new, which will always be a PLUS!!
With Much Love