Since my Journey involves improving from within, cleansing or detoxification should make a top 10 list of post if you’re thinking about taking this step. Technically, not everyone needs this and some only do this for a specific reasons.
With Cleansing the body- naturally and or with a cleanser, I plan to show you the steps I followed to knowing which fit me best. I hope this will give you a lot to think about when choosing the path you should walk in! Whichever it is, it is OKAY!
Your Body Is the Ultimate Detoxifier
Your body is a wonderful piece equipment. It is a naturally able to eliminate toxins and do not need any special diet or any special type of supplements.
Your system has a very complex way of eliminating toxins involving the liver, kidneys, digestive system, skin, and lungs. When these organs are working in tip-top condition can one expect them to be able to expel unwanted substance from your body.
Even if cleansing or detoxing can’t do anything your body can do naturally, there is always something you can do to enhance your body’s detoxification system.
What is A Cleanse and Do I Need to Cleanse My Body?
I have asked myself this a lot and personally if you know your body isn’t operating at peak, then my suggestion would be, yes, plain and simple. There are so many types of cleansers and ways to ingest it that will fit your personal needs and taste.
Of course a person cannot keep this up for an extended time. There are various cleansing or detox regimens that are given in three ways: fast, diet, drink or powder.
Benefits to removing toxins are as follows:
- Constipation Relief
- Possible weight loss
- Improvement in energy
- Resolved fatigue, headaches, and muscle aches.
The theory behind cleansing is that, by eliminating solid foods or specific food groups, you are eliminating toxins and aiding your digestive tract in healing from solid food. Solid foods are usually replaced with water with lemon, maple syrup and cayenne pepper; green tea; or freshly squeezed fruit and vegetable juices. Cleanses can last up to a whole month.
How Effective Are Cleansers?
There are no evidence that your digestive tract will heal because you’re skipping solid foods. Solid foods are actually helpful. Fiber (Which are found in plat-based foods such as fruits and vegetables), which slows digestion, also helps with nutrients absorption and removes toxins through waste. Using Probiotics, the digestive tract nourishes your intestines which helps maintain a person immune health.
You are losing water, carbohydrate stores and stool during the time you cleanse. This returns to normal after you resume a regular diet.
A cleanse is not right for athletes because of losing carbohydrates stores. This is a preferred source of fuel during exercise. So stay away from cleansing during this time because it isn’t great when training for any sport. If you choose to still go through with cleansing, do so for a day or two during a recovery week as you are doing less exercise.
What Are The Pros And Cons to Cleansing?
Before starting any type of cleansing, make sure you weigh the pros and cons. Make sure it is the right course of action before deciding to spend the big bucks on magic drinks or many pounds of freshly juiced fruits and vegetables.
- An increased intake of vitamins and minerals either naturally from juiced fruits and vegetables or from supplemented from drinks
- Can help identify any food sensitivities by taking away certain types of food for several days and then gradually reintroducing potential foods that can be a trigger.
- These diets are very low in calories and will leave you with almost no energy to exercise and can mess up your metabolic rate along with your blood glucose level
- Can experience a lot of bathrooms time and frequent bowel movement
- Cleansing diets are low in protein.
Remember, whatever you decide to do, your body was meant to be able to cleanse itself. Given the right diet of vegetables, fruit, whole grains and legumes; these can ensure that everything is running smoothly and will not interfere with your workout.
Improving Your Body’s Natural Detox System
Here a few things you can do if you decide a cleanser will NOT do.
- Limit the amount of Alcohol consumed. Excessive drinking causes your liver to inadequately preform its necessary function which includes filtering waste and other toxins from your body
- Dedicate an adequate amount of quality sleep to support your body’s health and therefore, its natural detoxification system. The body uses this time to recharge and remove toxic waste that has accumulated throughout the day. No sleep equals no time to perform these functions.
- Drink A LOT of water!! Aside from clenching your thirst water can regulate temperature, lubricates joints, aids digestion and nutrient absorption and can also cleanse your body by removing its waste products. Water transports these waste products through urination, breathing or sweating. Hydration is super important for cleansing
- Reducing your intake of sugar and processed foods can greatly improve your ability to self-cleanse your body. Excess junk food lead to chronic diseases like obesity and diabetes which in turn, harms the organs important to detoxifying
- Eating antioxidant-rich food can help your body reduce damages caused by free radicals and can lower your risk of diseases that can impact detoxification
- Eating foods high in Prebiotics keeps your digestive system healthy, which is important to the detoxification and immune health
- Lower your salt intake. Salt retains excess water, causing inflammation and can affect your kidney or liver. Balance this out with an increase of water
- Regardless of body weight regular exercise lowers inflammation and helps your body cleanse itself.
What Did I Do?
I have done both actually, let me explain.
Deciding to work on myself mentally was the best decision I have ever made and yet I still was not happy on the outside. I started the gym and hated it, but I stood by it. I didn’t limit what food I ate, but I decreased portions. I ate less fried food and I stopped drinking soda and juice. Coffee is a habit I still can’t quit but it’s okay, I’m a work in progress. Then something happened guys. I started to WANT to go to the gym and LOVE it!
But then I hit a snag and I stopped losing. No matter what did, my weight stood firm. So I asked my friends and they pointed me down this path of detoxifying. This actually help push pass the plateau using a cleanser and hard work to keep it once I am no longer on it.
This process works for ME with time and persistence! Give it time and stay on it guys!
To Cleanse Or NOT To Cleanse
Now that you guys are equipped with some knowledge using cleansers and its Pros and Cons, it is time.
I have even shared how, when, and why I use this method. So with everything I provided you with; it is absolutely your decision on when, how or even if you decide NOT to, it is your move. With or without, we can make do!!
With Absolute Love